Malta launches new Citizenship by Investment regulations!
By Zenturo Ltd. (Malta-Citizenship.info)
November 2020 Update: Malta's new citizenship by investment regulation "Granting of Citizenship for Exceptional Services" now live.
The Granting of Citizenship for Exceptional Services Regulations (Maltese Exceptional Investor Naturalisation / MEIN), is replacing the successful Individual Investor Program (IIP) which reached its quota in July of 2020.
The new citizenship by investment regulation allows investors and their families, including EU nationals or non-EU nationals, in marriage or in partnership, to receive Malta residency and citizenship on the basis of an investment to support Malta’s economic development. The total number of citizenship certificates to be granted is limited to no more than 400 per year.
The new investment requirements include all of the following:
1. Exceptional Direct Investment. The main applicant is required to make an Exceptional Direct Investment (non-refundable donation) in the amount of EUR 600,000 (36 months residency option) or EUR 750,000 (12 months residency option). The investment required for each additional dependent is EUR 50,000.
2. Philanthropic Donation. The main applicant must also make a philanthropic donation in the amount of EUR 10,000 to a registered philanthropic, cultural, sport, scientific, animal welfare, or artistic non-governmental organization.
3. Property Investment. The main applicant must also purchase or lease a property in Malta at a minimum of EUR 700,000 (property purchase) or EUR 16,000 per year (rental). The required holding period is five years from the date of receiving citizenship.
4. Government Fees. Various government fees for the main applicant and dependents cover their residence permit and citizenship as well as citizenship eligibility administration and due diligence.
5. Legal Fees. Depending on the number of family members to be included.
If you have decided that the Malta residency or citizenship is right for you, please contact us for next steps at service @ zenturo.com. We appreciate the opportunity to be of service.
Disclaimer: Because immigration by investment program details can change from time to time please inquire with us regarding the latest rules and regulations for the program of your choice.