Vacancy Corporate Lawyer Junior Associate
Gauci-Maistre Xynou (GMX Law Firm) is a dynamically developing Greco-Maltese law firm having its head office in Malta. Due to the increase in work and the expansion process being undertaken by GMX, the firm is currently looking to recruit a corporate lawyer to join its Valletta office on a full-time basis.
The Corporate Lawyer, who will be reporting to Partners, will be working with both the firm’s legal team from different jurisdictions as well as the financial services team. The successful candidate will be requested to show initiative, take on certain responsibilities within the firm and will immediately be given the opportunity to further advance their career within the law firm.
– Drafting / preparation of corporate documentation such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA forms, minutes of board meetings, etc.;
– Drafting, revising, negotiating and concluding agreements;
– Reviewing agreements, forms or any other legal documentation;
– Assist the Compliance Officer / MLRO in day-to-day regulatory activities including addressing various queries;
– Providing legal advice and legal opinions;
– Liaising directly with the Maltese Registrar of Companies, and other national and international governmental authorities;
– Ad hoc compliance and legal projects / duties as may be required from time to time;
– Drafting of Court applications;
– Undertaking any ad hoc projects, if required
– University degree in law (LL.B / LL.D);
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, whilst other languages will be considered advantageous;
– IT literate, with experience of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and other major software applications;
– Ability to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base;
– Keen to develop his / her experience through training, qualification and continuing professional development;
– Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure;
Good to Have:
– A Master’s degree (LL.M);
– Experience in an MLRO and compliance department;
– Court experience.
Get in touch and let’s discuss further! Send your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org